As part of our support for MANRS, we at the Internet Society collect data about the Internet and routing. We already make this data available via the web, on the ROA Stats tool, and the MANRS Observatory, but we are now making this data available via an API. This will enable everyone to view and use this data for research or to make sense of the state of routing on the Internet.
Who can use the API
API access is available via the MANRS Observatory. You do not need to be a MANRS participant to get access, but you do need an Observatory account. You can get access by:
- Being a MANRS participant, you get access to all MANRS scores and detailed information on your ASN(s).
- Applying to be a partner, you get access to a certain selection of ASN(s).
- Registering as an API-only user, you get no access to any non-public part of the Observatory.
How to use the API
To generate an API key:
- Request an account or log into your account by clicking on the icon in the top-right corner of the MANRS Observatory.
- Click the same icon to view your profile.
- Click the button to generate an API key.
For more information, refer to the API Documentation.
Share Your Feedback
The initial release of the API makes the ROA Stats data and AS status and holder name data available, and we will be adding more datasets over the coming months.
Please, contact us to share any feedback you have about the API.