- Areas ServedCY, GR
Implementation of MANRS Actions
- Action 1: Prevent propagation of incorrect routing information Hostmein has prefix and AS filters in place in order not to propagate any incorrect routing information.
- Action 2: Prevent traffic with spoofed source IP addresses Hostmein implements strong validation using various methods such as access-lists and URPF among other inspection tools, in order to prevent spoofing of IP addresses.
- Action 3: Facilitate global operational communication and coordination We keep updated both our PeeringDB and RIPE DB records and actively engage with the Internet community. We also attend regional meetings of GRNOG and RIPE.
- Action 4: Facilitate validation of routing information on a global scale Hostmein was one of the first companies to completely drop all invalid RPKI prefixes received both from the internet and from its customers. This way automatically, when a network is signed our routers will validate it and drop it if necessary.
- Action 5: Encourage MANRS adoption We actively promote MANRS on our website as well as regional NOG meetings and colleagues. We believe MANRS plays a key role in keeping the internet safe. All carriers and cloud providers must understand the value of taking specific security measures.
Why Hostmein IKE Supports MANRS
Internet has vastly grown in size over the last two decades. Although the tools nowdays exist, many providers have not taken the correct steps in order to address critical security issues. MANRS is the right way for network and cloud providers to further engage with internet security and make the internet safer for everyone. Hostmein IKE is a leading Greek cloud and data center provider providing mission critical services. Security for Hostmein is a critical aspect. MANRS actively helped us implement a better security policy for our network by setting the correct guidelines.CTO